Skip Navigation

Detail Detail
This table is used for column layout.
Contact TypeContact Information
Welfare Director, Referral Agent
2 High St
Sanbornville, NH 03872
By Appointment
Useful Links:
Link to PageLink to PageLink to Page
Budgeting Classes

Are you seeking State Welfare?
NH Health and Human Services (sometimes called “State Welfare”) is a program that includes Food Stamps, TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families), Medicaid, APTD (Aid for the Permanent and Totally Disabled), Title XX (Childcare), OAA (Old Age Assistance) and more. It is located at the community center in Rochester.
Rochester residents call: 603-332-9120
Conway residents call: 603-447-3841

What is Fuel Assistance (FAP) and how do I apply for it?
The Community Action Program coordinates the winter Fuel Assistance Program.  This program helps families and individuals with low income to pay for their heat during the winter months. Potential recipients must be found eligible within the poverty guidelines set by HUD.  Residents can begin calling for an appointment to apply beginning early October.  Residents are encouraged to apply early, as appointments can be 1 month out from the initial call.
Carroll County Residents call:  603-323-7400

Other Fuel Assistance Programs?

Citizens Energy Program
In partnership with CITGO, Citizens Energy works to provide deliveries of home heating oil to those in need during the winter months.
(617) 338-6300

Are there food pantries for Wakefield residents?

Who do I call if I have a concern about a child's well being?
NH Bureau of Child Protection
Phone number:  1-800-894-5533.

Town of Wakefield, NH
2 High Street, Sanbornville, NH 03872