We ask that you come in 1/2 hour before we close because this does take more than a few minutes to complete.
The requirements to obtain a marriage license in the state of NH are as follows:
- Both parties must be present.
- You must know parent's full names (mother's maiden) and states of birth.
- Picture I.D.'s must be presented
- If under the age of 18, we need a driver's license, court waiver, and birth certificate.
- Second marriages, we need to see certified final divorce decrees or certified death certificate or certified anulment verification.
- The fee is $50.00 effective July 13, 2015, payable at the time of filing.
- Social Security numbers need to be on the license.
- The license is valid for 90 days.
You do not need to get married in the town that issues the license. Once you are married, the Officiant sends the Town Clerk the information regarding the wedding. You may obtain a marriage certificate at the town clerk's office. The cost is $15.00 and is also collected at the time of filing.